Thursday, April 30, 2009

Swine Flu Info.

Hey guys and gals...
Well, LOTS of things have been happening with the new Swine Flu outbreak...and ever since, I have been skeptical of the rumors and truths of what is really going on. Of course diseases like this interest me like nobody's business...and I want to help keep people as healthy as possible--SO...here is a website I've found that has *mucho* information about the Swine Flu and what you can do to avoid/prevent getting the disease.

Just some little tips (which are also found on the website):
1. ALWAYS wash your hands...especially after being out where lots of other ppl have been (malls,schools,stores, ect)
2. Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing..and avoid being around those who you see sneezing and coughing as well.
3. If you feel ill..try and stay at home to avoid getting others sick or yourself "more sick" (even if you don't have the swine flu, your immune system is not functioning as well as it could when you are feeling ill, and your chances of getting the swine flu heavily increase!!!)
4. This disease is spread like any other flu...by touching objects others have sneezed or touched that have the flu, or if you come in direct contact with someone who has the flu, ect.. IT IS NOT SPREAD BY EATING PORK OR PORK PRODUCTS (so don't be afraid to chow down on sausage :-) )

I can't think of anything else to tell ya right now...but the main thing is to keep washing your hands, dont touch your eyes or mouth with unwashed hands, and load up on your vitamin C to keep your immune system in tip-top shape! Needless to say, I am terrified that my precious Caden is going to get the Swine Flu (just like every other parent--although I am not a parent yet hehe) so I declared to his teacher that NO ONE is to touch him until the virus has subsided. (...and I was just kidding but not really...HA)
Here is the website:
http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/swineflu_you.htm
Have a wonderful week and stay healthy! (let me know if you have any questions..if I can't answer them I will find someone who can!)
-Kens

No comments:

Post a Comment