Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I am AmAzEd!

Well I knew that being in the operating room would be cool no matter what surgeries I saw today...but I had NO idea how AWESOME it would be to see an open heart surgery!!! I got to stand right in front of my patient...and see EVERYTHING! Wow...I am truly amazed at how real everything was! To see a beating human heart in person is totally different than the models you see in anatomy..thats for sure!!! The surgery lasted forever but getting to see all the cool and gross stuff just blew me away. I feel like I need to give some credit to those surgery nurses--they run that O.R. like clock-work! I was overwhelmed at how fast they maintained their sterile fields and kept a ba-zillion tools in order. I'm just so amazed...What a day! More to come soon...

Hope yall are havin' a wonderful week!

-Kens

No comments:

Post a Comment