Friday, April 2, 2010

The Good news and the Bad news

The Good news:
Well the semester is drawing closer to an end which can only mean one thing--GRADUATION! I am happy to report that I have finally been offered and accepted a job with...drum roll pleeeease...San Angelo Community Hospital Pediatrics!!! I am SO excited to start working as a nurse...and to be working in an area that I have ALWAYS wanted to work is just icing on the cake! I start in early June and am a little nervous, but I think once I can get some kind of routine down, things will run a little smoother.

The Bad News:
We are anxiously awaiting to find out whether Caden will be getting a "G-Button" soon (aka- a feeding tube that is surgically put into his stomach). He hasn't been losing weight, but he been growing taller an skinnier throughout the year without any weight gain. He is getting so thin that his size 2T pants are starting to fall off of him (and he is 6 six years old!). his eating habits are never constant...one day he eats great, other days he doesn't want to take a bite of anything. I am so worried about my little man!!! The doctor says that he is going to give Caden appetite stimulants for 2 weeks to see if it helps at all...if not, he will consider the g-button. At this point, we are willing to try anything just to see him gain weight. More info. to come soon! Prayers for Caden are much appreciated :0)

Peace and Love,
-Kens

No comments:

Post a Comment