Saturday, January 30, 2010

Big Changes are Comin'!



























Just like always...its been forever and a day since I've posted! Once finals were over in December I decided to take a MAJOR break and not do anything for once. Well...that didn't last very long since I am used to being busy 24/7....but somehow I failed to post during that time. Hmmm..who knows. Anyway...the highlight of my winter break was going to California for the Rose Bowl. It was beautiful and the weather was perfect-- 70's everyday! Couldn't ask for a better vacation! (Minus the outcome of the game...poor longhorns :-( ) Anyway...school is back with a vengeance and I have been buried in homework/studying/quizzes from the get-go. The good news is that it is my last semester of nursing school! I can't believe it!! The bad news is that I have sooo many hospitals to apply to and sooo many interviews to go to in other cities. The ideal plan right now that I am hoping comes true is that I get into the Seton versant nursing residency program in Austin. It starts at the end of June..so I will be packing up and moving out right when school gets out! I am terrified to say the least!!! I have never lived anywhere but San Angelo and will be moving all by my lonesome self :-( I know it will be a good experience, I am just a little nervous. The reason I am wanting to go to Austin is because of their nurse residency program which, hopefully if I get into, will train me to work in the NICU with the preemie babies. I was originally wanting to work in pediatrics, but am now seriously contemplating becoming a neonatal nurse practitioner. More to come on the application/acceptance stuff soon.
Here are some pics from the Rose Bowl! I promise it won't take me so long to post this next time!
Peace and Love,
Kens

No comments:

Post a Comment