I wish I could say that my break has been relaxing and uneventful...but the exact opposite has occured ever since school has been done. I am still watching Caden since he and his parents are still in school...and this entire week I have been watching two little boys (Garrison- 9 months, and Sutton- 19 months) all day, EVERYDAY...not to mention going to get Caden right after i finish watching the two little tots. The week-long event has taken every ounce of my time and energy...and I am truly exhausted. This is why I have not blogged in forever...I am so sorry!
I have officially decided that I am not ready to be a mother for another 20 years (okay maybe not that long but you know what I mean) Let me give you a run down of the CRAZY day I had today.
The plumbers came to the house I am babysitting at this morning...so the morning nap Garrison was supposed to take obviously did not happen with all the banging and commotion going on. By lunch time...the screaming teething tot was so tired and unhappy that he refused everything...he did not want to be held or let down or given food or his bottle or toys (you get the idea). In the meantime...Sutton is eating his baby ravioli and wiping the sauce all over his body and hair while I was not looking. As I was about to wipe down Sutton in the sink, I happend to notice that Garrison had exploded in his diaper, and that he needed to be changed PRONTO. I ran to the other side of the house to change Garrison's diaper..and as soon as I got there I heard Sutton screaming accross the house back in the kitchen. Since I didnt know if he was hurt or not i had to grab Garr. in his poopy diaper..run accross the house..and arrive to see Sutton standing straight up in his highchair covered in marinara pointing at the juice cup he threw on the floor. Almost in tears I strapped Sutton in his chair...quickly changed Garr.'s diaper despite the screaming from both kids...run back at wipe Sutton down while Garrison cried on the floor..picked Garrison up and attempt to give him his bottle which he did not want...and an hour later I FIANLLY rocked the teething 9 month old tot to sleep. Then I scooped Sutton up and sat with him until he fell asleep...and cleaned up the crazy dirty kitchen...
...when I finally sat down..after the dirty looks were flashed at me from the plumbers who had to witness this craziness...I hear Garrison start crying as he was awakening from his nap. Shortly after...I was puked on, slobered on, and scratched up (by the cat).
So..needless to say it was a very crazy, busy, and hard day...but even after all of the chaos, those little boys are the most precious kids ever!
More to come soon...hope yalls summer is more relaxed than mine!!!
Peace and Love,
Kens
No comments:
Post a Comment